Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summertime Fun!

This summer is flyin' by and with all this rain it hasn't even really felt like summer to me.:( But we have been doing some fun things and I wanted to just post the highlights! So here we go.......

Me and my fourth grade teaching buddies having our by-annual pedicure day and lunch. So much fun! Callie, Jessie and Me!! (I love these girls, even if 6 months go by we still manage to pick up where we left off and laugh the whole time.:) )

THE BOONDOCKS!! Josh and I took Colton and Livy to Boondocks thinking it would be a fun family activity. The bumper boats were the only attraction Colton was tall enough to do, besides the Kids Cove inside that he did with his little sis. Here he is waiting in line....so excited!



My guys!










Colton was having sooooo much fun spraying everyone. They would come up to the gate where Livy and I were standing and spray us too!



This is how happy Livy was that Colton did the bumper boats and she didn't. NOT FAIR!!


THE AQUARIUM-I decided to get a pass at the aquarium this year since you only have to go twice and it pays for itself. Grandma Ann came along with us this time. She had never been. The kids love their grandma!








DISNEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL TRAIN TOUR- My friend Salina and I took our kids to Ogden to she this attraction that was in town for only one day. It was free so we thought why not? I was all about the new Jim Carey movie "The Christmas Carol" coming out in November. We drove up there only to discover a three hour long wait. Yes three hours!!! That's what happens when it's put on by Disney and it's free. We decided to stick it out since we already drove all the way up there. It was really pretty neat. You got a ticket to go on the "train" where you walked through and saw displays of masks and costumes that are used in the movie. It also showed how they create the characters out of clay before animating them and also how they did the special effects. There was fake snow and Christmas decorations. It was like Christmas in June. Here is one of the displays.



I just thought this was funny. Hadn't seen one in six months.


It was held at the train station in Ogden and Colton and his buddy Ethan had a blast playing on the trains. It also kept them entertained while in the long line.


This is what the little ones did while we waited in line. Poor things!



Colton and Ethan getting ready to board the train.




Livy playing with her free key chain. That's all she needed to keep her busy for awhile.



Colton and Ethan in front of a picture of Scrooge himself.





My Sweet Liv!!


The Masks of Ebenezer Scrooge and Bob Cratchet.


I thought I'd get a picture of us in front of the fire, especially since I wasn't hot enough as it was in that train.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



This was one of the many trains we got to look at as we were leaving. We also got to see a short segment of the actual movie in 3-d glasses. It looks really good. Can't wait to see it!




THE AIRSHOW- We went to see the airshow, which was also in Ogden, with our friends the Scheels and the Allans. I had never been and thought it was quite interesting. Here's Ani, Colton and Ainslee eating their lunches.


And Livy eating hers in her usual spot!


Here we all are standing in the window of a huge plane that we took a tour through.



Colton was not in a picture taking mode that day.



Colton and Ainslee


It was a very fun day!! Especially since we were with some of our very favorite people!!





































3 comments:

The Airharts said...

Wow, you have been keeping youself busy! We had never been to an airshow until we moved here-they really are entertaing and who dosnt love free entertainment right! You look super cute and skinny!

Jessie's Jargon said...

Marissa! I love that picture from our pedicures. However, the email you said you sent to me with the picture never came through. Can you resend it?
jessierjensen@hotmail.com

I can't wait until our next get together in November! Let's do cookies in December again too! :)

Jami and Family said...

You have been busy this summer! I have so much I need to post,I just need to find the time to do it! All the stuff looks like a blast! You have such a cute family!