Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

I LOVE the 4th of July!!! I pretty much love every holiday because it means we will most likely spend it with family and friends. This 4th of July we had a fun-filled day. We headed up to Park City on the 3rd, Josh's parents had a condo up there. When we got there Colton and Olivia had fun swimming with grandpa and all their cousins. Here's Liv with her grandpa!




Colton and daddy.


Livy and daddy.



After a day of swimming we headed up to The Canyons Resort to have a picnic and watch fireworks. Grandma was so nice to pack us a picnic. Here's Colton having fun with his cousins, Owen and Emrie.






Grandma and Grandpa and Liv.



Jaime and Kalen






Joel and Nicole, relaxing in the sun.



Mitch, Emily and baby Lola



Quin, Whitney and Emrie




Sweet Wynter, I love that smile!



Josh and I


Livy chillin with grandma





The boys had so much fun together, goofing off. Here they are shoving Kettle popcorn in their mouths.



Colton couldn't get enough of that popcorn.




Grandpa, Emrie and Colton, it's getting dark now almost time for fireworks.



Me and Colton being goofy.





We spent the night in a condo up in Park City and the next morning was The Fourth of July parade down main street. After a yummy red, white and blue breakfast, made by grandma, we headed out to main street to save our spot for the parade. Here's Livy playing by a little water feature that was by us.






Grandma and Livy.



Colton and Olivia were lucky enough to watch the parade with both grandmas. My mom was up there with her friends and met up with us for the parade. This is Grandma Ann and here cute friend Pauline.



It wasn't a very exciting parade, but Olivia sure liked it. She clapped and clapped!



This was probably the most interesting part of the parade. It was pretty impressive.



After the parade we had a bbq with the Stephens' for lunch and then headed back home. We had a great time in Park City.
Later that evening we met up with our friends The Scheels and headed to Provo for THE STADIUM OF FIRE!!! I love The Stadium of Fire! It's so fun! We ate at The California Pizza Kitchen and then headed over to the Stadium. We only brought Colton along, Livy stayed the night with grandma Ann.


US
The cute Scheel family.....Devin, Kristi, Ainslee and Max


She-Daisy and the Jonas Brothers performed. The Jonas Brothers were a hit! Especially with all the little girls.


My pictures of the fireworks, don't do justice to how awesome they were. They always have the BEST fireworks.

They were ready to retire the old Stadium of Fire flag, because it was getting so old. So they had a flag burning ceremony for it.




I loved these last two pictures because their was a full moon in the backdrop of the fireworks. The pictures aren't nearly as cool as it was in person.



Thanks everyone for a great 4th of July!!! We had a great day! I'm so grateful to live in beautiful America, "the land of the free"!

































2 comments:

Jaime And Kalen said...

Wasn't that a good fourth of July?! I think so too, It was fun to be with you guys!

The Fletchers said...

Looks like you guys had a full weekend of fun. I heard the Stadium of Fire was awesome...jealous!