Thursday, June 25, 2009
The Newcastle School
Monday was a sad and exciting day for Colton and I. He started a summer camp at the Newcastle school where he will be going to preschool in the fall. It lasts two weeks. The theme for week 1 is Fantastic fruit and the theme for week 2 Planes, Trains and Automobiles. He has a hard time actually getting out of the car and going in, but he has fun once he is there and I am gone. On Tuesday as I was pulling up to the school, I looked back at him and he had huge tears in his eyes and said "mom lock the door". I had to giggle to myself. He said that because the teacher comes and gets him out of the car. I know he is academically ready, but not so much emotionally. He's still my little baby. It helps that his buddy Ani goes to the same summer camp and another buddy Jacob is actually in his class. Here is Ani and Colton on the first day.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I cried the first time I dropped Emrie off at preschool. Then I went home and realized how much I could accomplish in the hours she was gone and I rejoiced in my new found freedom! It's always hard for Emrie the first few weeks to be away from hom, but then she adjusts and LOVES going to school! Colton will have so much fun!!
cute! i'm so glad he is going to this camp. it will make the start of school so much better in the fall.
That's so sad. At least in the fall he'll be ready to just jump out and say goodbye.
Post a Comment