Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moab Half Marathon

WE DID IT!! Last weekend me and some friends headed to Moab to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon. I've been training with my great friend Jocelyn, she has been my inspiration. We also ran with our friends, Wendy and Peter. Jocelyn's aunt and uncle live in Moab and were nice enough to let Jocelyn and I stay at their house. Here we are the night before the race waiting to be seated at Pasta Jays. We had to get our carbo load......Wendy, Jocelyn and me.

This is us right after the run, I was exhausted!! I really did enjoy the race just about the whole time....until the last two miles. The last two miles I really wanted to die. But it was a beautiful day and the race was along the river most the time. I could not believe how many people ran. It was a great experience!!




We were a team. Hence the matching outfits. My little fans were cheering for me at home, it was too quick of a trip to haul the whole fam down.






7 comments:

Jami and Family said...

Good Job!! It is such a great sense of accomplishment when you cross that finish line isn't it! I have heard the Moab trail is so pretty, maybe one day I will try it again! Good job hope your foot startsa to feel better so you can start running again!

Josh, Britt, and Girls said...

Great Job!! What an awesome accomplishment! I have to admit I am a little jealous seeing you so in shape and active...I can't wait to have my baby and maybe join in on some of the fun!

Whitney and Family said...

Way to go, girls!!!! You are freaking amazing!!!!!

Jocelyn Allan said...

So proud of our TEAM! Thanks again for stickin with me! Hurry and get that foot better :)

Jessie's Jargon said...

Your my hero Marissa! I am so glad you had the Moab experience. I have run the Moab half before and I know what you mean in regards to the last two miles... you are out on the road with no shade by that time. I have my big race I've been training for this coming Saturday. I can't wait!
Hey, also, Callie and I were looking at Saturday, June 6th to get together for our usual tradition... does that work for you?

Ali said...

Thanks again for the ice cream today! Tate dove into it as soon as we got into the car and it made for a much more pleasant car ride home.

P.S. Congrats on the marathon! That takes a lot of determination.

The Fletchers said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome. Now do a triathlon this summer with me???