Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

We had a great Valentine's Day at our house. I LOVE Valentine's day, especially when it's on a Saturday. We were able to spend the day together as a family and then Josh and I got to go out that night.

These are the sugar cookies Colton and I made with his buddy Ethan and his mom Salina a couple of days before Valentine's Day. I love any excuse to make sugar cookies.

These are the cute wood hearts I won at bunko on Wednesday. I was way excited!!! I never win.

On the morning of V-Day Colton and Livy each got to open their Valentines from mom and dad. Colton got this fun ball that he can bounce all over the house on and Sponge Bob Squarepants p.j.s. He had to put them right on. He really likes Sponge Bob, I'm not sure why???

Livy got some new cute bibs and a little dolly, as you can tell she is still trying to wake up......she is soooo like me in the morning.







And my Valentine arrived at our house shortly after we had breakfast, while I was getting ready for the day. They are soooo beautiful I had to get a picture. It's amazing how good a beautiful bouquet of flowers makes me feel.....especially in February. Josh has always been really good about getting me flowers, he knows how much I love them. I always tell him that one day I want to work in a flower shop for fun.
Thanks hun!!


For lunch we met a family friend, Fauntelle for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Fauntelle had little Valentine gifts for all of us. Colton and Olivia had so much fun with her. Colton got a red mouth from some of the candy she gave him.


Livy and Fauntelle....Livy got a pink elephant stuffed animal that sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and a really cute bracelet.


Colton got a horse stuffed animal that also sings, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and he also got a sugar cookie and candy. Fauntelle always spoils us. Thanks for a fun day Fauntelle!! We love you.




I'm sad but that's all the pictures I got of the day. That night Josh and I had a lot of fun. We procrastinated and didn't have reservations anywhere so we decided to go to a movie first and dinner after to see if we could avoid some of the crowd. So Josh got tickets to "He's just not that into you", which meant a lot because he is not a chic flick kinda guy and it's definitely a chic flick. He just new I would want to see a chic flick and yes I LOVED the movie! I would recommend it to any girl. After the movie it was pretty late, but we went to get some Sushi. One of our favorite things to eat......soooo yummy! It was a lot of fun, we felt some freedom for the night. We talked and laughed a lot. It was a perfect night. I feel so lucky to be married to my sweetheart. I love you Josh. I hope everyone had a Happy Love Day!







6 comments:

Jessie's Jargon said...

Wow... your Valentine's Day was eventful. So much fun. I must admit... Valentine's is not one of my favorite holidays, but I have never had any real reason to celebrate. Some day!

Also... speaking of Sugar cookies, I believe we missed our tradition this last Christmas, so we might have to make up for it. I'm sure we can come up with some good reason to make cookies. :)

Whitney and Family said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I don't get the Spongebob thing at all. My kids both love it, but I avoid it at all costs. It never gets turned on when I'm here because I can't stand it!

Jami and Family said...

Sounds like a really fun day! Your flowers were beautiful!!

The Fletchers said...

What a great day! Beautiful flowers. Yummm...cheescake factory.

Jaime And Kalen said...

I can't believe Olivia's hair lately, it is so adorable. I'm glad you had a good valentines day and that Josh was so good to you!

The Stephens said...

What a good husband! Your kids look so cute, I love kids in the morning. The messy hair, groggy faces. It's so cute!