Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moab Winter Sun Run

We did it!!! Me and my friend Jocelyn, took our families to Moab on the first weekend in December, so we could run the Moab 10k. It was a lot of fun! The weather was COLD, but beautiful! We decreased our last time by 4 min. and what's most shocking to me was that we ran an 8 minute mile, which is good for us. It did kind of help that it was mostly down hill, but still I'm proud of us. Here we are bright and early before the race at Jocelyn's aunt and uncle's home in Moab. They were such nice people, they made us a huge breakfast for our families that morning.

Sportin' our numbers.........


Colton had fun playing with his buddy Ani while we were running the race. They wait for us to cross the finish line so they can cheer us on......but what I think they are really waiting for are all the treats we bring to them afterwards. Whomever is sponsering the race always has fruit, bagels, cookies, etc. for the joggers.


Here we are in action, waving to our husbands and kids as they are comfortably watching us from the car.





We made it! In 54 minutes time.....Notice I crossed the finish line first??? This is only because Jocelyn let me, she is always a couple steps ahead of me so she let me cross this one first.


It feels much better when you're done. I even won a hat and water bottle in the raffle after the race.



Here's Josh and Colton at lunch. We went to the Moab Brewing Company. Colton loved looking at all the boats and kites that were hanging from the ceiling.


This is at lunch just before we left for home. Thanks for such a fun little road trip Allens, we had a blast! I'm so glad I have a running buddy, who likes exercise as much as I do. Now I'm feeling kind of sick, because I just found out this weekend that we made the lottery for the Moab half marathon. I can't imagine doubling the length of the 10k. I better get training!!!!! I'm EXCITED!











No comments: